- install the recommended Labels plugin so I can make use of Epics
- shutdown Jira: sudo service jira stop
- copy the Labels plug into Jira: sudo -u jira cp jira-labels-plugin-2.4.jar /opt/jira/plugins/installed-plugins/
- restart jira: sudo service jira start
- follow the directions for configuring Jira for Scrum
- create a new project category:Installation
- create a new project: Atlassian
- set the project to use the Scrum template
- add Kanban constraints to the project (I don't see the view that the instructions say I should have). I noticed that the Task view wasn't coming up and the error message said it was because the project didn't have a release date. I added a version to the project and gave it a release date. Now I can get into the Task view but I don't see the Compact (Kanban) they say I should see. I looked and Googled but never found anything. Eventually, I gave up. I might take advantage of my support and see if they can help.
- I had to create a new dashboard based on the default dashboard before I could add the Agile gadget indicated by the directions
- I opened up GHS-1194 to see if Atlassian can help with the missing Compact (Kanban) menu selection.
- Going back into the server after Atlassian commented on my ticket, I found that the missing menu selection was available. I'm guessing I had to reboot the server to make everything appear.
- I was finally able to configure the constraints as described in the document. Multiple columns can be constrained so I just followed the example and did one.
- I should comment that while I was waiting for Atlassian to get back to me, I created 5 stories for Sprint 1 of the project. I'm not sure if that, plus the server reboot, caused the Kanban menu selection to appear but I wanted to note it none the less.
Monday, July 26, 2010
Atlassian Stack: GreenHopper Configuration
I'm following the GreenHopper 101 document to make sure that the basic configuration is correct.