Tip 21: If production uses it, you should too
Be sure that your hollow shell works end to end before you invest time to make it do the real work.
Your project now has the following:
- a complete, documented architecture
- a POC that shows your architecture works. You can make a client invocation and see it run, end-to-end.
- clear boundaries between teams
- clear demarcations between areas of product functionality
- experience meeting with the teams responsible for adjacent code layers.
I've experienced first hand the pain that integrating layers that should "just work" can be. I think the idea of wiring up the layers early is a good one.